Thursday, April 19, 2007

It appears I may have some company for my walk this weekend which will be great - it will be the first time since El Paso that I've actually had anyone walking with me other than our granddaughter. I got a call early this morning from a lady who lives north of Wichita who has been following our efforts and she says she's going to try to get a group together to come down and walk with me over the weekend. I'll probably know more tomorrow.

The walk was pretty routine today; beautiful weather except for a strong, persistent wind. It was at my back, though, so it didn't impede me at all. We're camped at the same spot as last night - a beautiful little place outside of Augusta called Santa Fe Lake. Only eleven bucks a night. No water and no dump station, but we filled up the water tank yesterday before we came out and we'll dump at the next available location. The guys have had plenty of opportunities to romp, so they're quite happy, and having herons and snow geese for neighbors is really nice. This early in the year there are very few campers out so we often are sharing an entire park or RV park with nobody or at most a couple of other campers.

Jonna has been reading "Bush on the Couch". While I am skeptical of the lasting value of remote psychoanalysis, some of what the author sets forth is pretty self-evident. I've told Jonna on more than one occasion that fifty years from now people are going to be looking back on this period in history and wonder what in the world we could have been thinking and why it took us so long to wake up and take action.

That's it for tonight. The internet connection has been really iffy out here - I was up until after 1:30 in the morning last night trying to get things posted and emails answered - so I'm going to try to put this all to bed earlier tonight.

No comments: